It gives me immense pleasure to welcome you to Nazir Library (Central Library) of National University of Modern Languages. The library seeks and promotes the vision and mission of the university by providing timely access to quality and relevant informative resources to meet the research, teaching and learning needs of the university. The library continually works to further develop its services to help you to locate, select and acquire information. We offer you the opportunity to borrow the literature required for study, teaching and research.
The library offers you borrowing facilities of general and core text books, reference services, digital library facilities, audio-video aid facilities and photocopy facilities.
I do hope that everybody would make full use of the available facilities and services that are being offered by the library and that you will find it a place of learning, information and dissemination of knowledge. I am looking forward to your visit our library.
The Central Library was founded with the establishment of National Institute of Modern Languages (NIML) in 1970. The institute was elevated to the status of National University of Modern Languages (NUML) in May 2000. The Library is housed in a two storey building and a basement having total covered area of 30115 sq.ft. The Library is well furnished and fully air-conditioned. The present library holdings is over one hundred and fifteen thousand (1,29,000) comprising books, journals, documents and non-book material on various disciplines. Functioning as language institute and later as a full-fledged University, major part of the library collection consists of the source material initial on languages. However, with the introduction of new disciplines like Education, Mass Communication, International Relations, Economics, Information Technology, Management Sciences and Mathematics, the Library has acquired adequate number of books in these disciplines as well.
Borrowing facilities are available only to regular and bona fide students of the University in accordance with the rules and regulations of the Library. The enrolled membership of the Library includes about eight thousand students and teachers. The open shelf access policy is in practice. The scholars, faculty members and students of the university can access the bibliographical information of the Library holdings through Online Public Access Catalogue (OPAC). Online Public Access Catalogue (OPAC) can be accessed from anywhere through NUML web site.
The Library will be recognized as an accessible and exceptional center of research, learning, and creativity focused on student success. We develop, organize, provide access to and preserve materials to meet the needs of present and future generations of students and scholars.
Nazir Library is meant for providing library services to all students, teachers and staff of the University. It procures textbooks, reference books, newspapers, magazines and other reading material.
It is primarily a ‘Lending Library’ having major of its collections on textbooks but also provides reference services to its readers.
- Providing sources of information necessary for students, research scholars and faculty members.
- Organizing information sources and arranging them so they can be stored and retrieved to take advantage from with less effort.
- Borrowing library materials to beneficiaries and provide places for reading.
- Answer questions and inquiries received by the library, whether they are internal or from outside the university.
- Introducing the library and instruct beneficiaries to places of sources of information and how to use the library.
- Developing skills and abilities of workers in the library through making them involved with training courses, seminars and workshops.
- Acquire study material (books, journals, magazines/newspapers and non-book material) for students, faculty and research scholars
- Process and organize information sources and arrange them for storage and retrieval to make them accessible easily
- Issue/Receipt of books to students, faculty members and research scholars for a specific period of time
- Maintain discipline and provide congenial study atmosphere to the Library users
- Provide reference services to students, faculty members and research scholars
- Work as a liaison between different departments of the University
- Annual stocktaking of Library
- Provide library services to the Library users 7 days a week